Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Month of Change


New photo of Jimmy Barnes, November 2009

So the exhibition went up, a third of the prints found homes and I found myself getting a bit of free press in the Examiner, which has resulted in more work, offers for some series of prints, a few wedding enquiries and alot of business cards ending up in peoples hands. To break even after the launch was nice so in celebration, all remaining prints from the exhibition are now available for half price, and reprints are availible to those who want something in particular, just contact for reprint pricing and what prints are left.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This past month has seen the largest amount in growth in myself as a photographer, probably since I first picked up a camera back in college. I've been studying the works of others, appraising my own and most importantly not taking the easy shot. I'm very lucky to have two out of work mentors and mates (thanks Paul and Richard) who have been able to show me some simple visual mistakes that alot of photographers make when first starting out. I've also scored around 8 front pages for the paper in this time, which considering I only work 3 days a week is a fairly grand achievement, so I'm feeling pretty good about what lies ahead for me from here on in. Any how, enough of the grey, here is a selection of pics from some recent Examiner work I've been up to.


Princess Theatre Interior Shot


Feature about Viv Spencer

Halloween

Fire Training

National Chemist of the Year

Save the ATC

Launceston Mayor re elected by 3 Votes

Scottsdale show night patrol with Tasmania Police

TIS Basketball Camp


State Motocross trials 2009

Vintage Car Rally